ILO Internship Programme or International Labour Organization is a United Nations agency that was founded in 1919. Furthermore, its mandate is to promote social justice and advance decent work around the world. To fulfill its mandate, the ILO offers a range of programs and projects. One such programme is their internship program.
The ILO internship programme provides qualified young people with the opportunity to gain first-hand experience in the work of the Organization. Moreover, acquaints them with international labour standards, labour market trends, and policies. The ILO internship programme is an excellent opportunity for students and recent graduates to gain work experience in a field of their choice. It also allows interns to learn about the workings of the ILO and how it contributes to international labour standards.
The ILO internship programme is one of the most reliable and helpful resources for landing an internship. The program offers three months of professional development opportunities in Geneva, Switzerland. Moreover, you can learn about different aspects of the UN system, international organizations, and global labour.
- Country: Worldwide
- Host: International Labour Organization (ILO)
- Applications: Online
- Period: 6 Months
- Last Date To Apply: None
- Be enrolled in the final year of a postgraduate program, such as a master’s or peer-to-peer program, or in a graduate program in an appropriate technical field that includes mass communications, media relations, journalism, international relations, gender studies, international development, or other applicable fields, or have completed such a program within the year before application.
- Any experience in the field of communications, labor migration, trafficking, violence against women, or other related fields would be a point of selection.
- Knowledge and experience of working with ILO and/or UN Women associates and in the ASEAN region is an advantage.
- Excellent command of English.
- Exceptional skills in Microsoft Office.
- Experience in video editing would be a plus.
- Knowledge of and concern for human rights and/or gender equality frameworks.
- Demonstrate initiative and ability to work independently and as part of a team to meet program needs.
- Availability to work in February/March for a period of 3 to 6 months.
- Intermediate talents of Adobe Creative Suite (Indesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator).
- Strong knowledge of social media management (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and related apps) and campaign development.
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills as well as organizational skills and attention to detail.
How To Apply:
For the application process please go to the Official Website of the International Labour Organization ILO Internship Programme.
The ILO Internship Programme provides opportunities for students. Furthermore, recent graduates gain hands-on experience in international labor affairs. The program offers participants the chance to work in a range of different areas, such as policy, research, and communications. Moreover, This article provides an overview of the ILO Internship Programme, which offers students and recent graduates the opportunity to work in an international organization and learn about various aspects of workplace health and safety.