IUCN Leaders Forum is a key Forum of the IUCN Assembly, which meets every four years. It is the occasion for Heads of State, Ministers, and other IUCN members to come together and set the global conservation agenda. Furthermore, the Leaders Forum will be held in Incheon. It is the Republic of Korea on the sidelines of the Parties to the Convention on Biological Diversity.
IUCN Leaders Forum, formerly known as the IUCN Commission on Education and Communication (CEC), is the world’s largest network of environmental education and communication professionals. It is a platform for connecting, sharing, and learning among professionals who are dedicated to communication for conservation.
The IUCN Leaders Forum in South Korea is an annual event that provides a space for leaders in the field to connect and share their work with others.
This year, the IUCN Leaders Forum in South Korea will take place in Seoul. The theme of the event is ‘Communication for Transformation: Towards a Just and Equitable World’.
The Forum will address the theme of ‘Biodiversity for Peace, Prosperity, and Planet’ and will focus on the following key topics: Securing peace and prosperity through biodiversity. Moreover, engaging the private sector in biodiversity conservation. Furthermore, mainstreaming biodiversity in development and finance.
Exchange Program Explanation:
- Country: Republic of Korea
- Host Organization: The International Union for Conservation of Nature
- Financial Status: Fully Funded
- Hosted By: Ministry of Environment of the Republic of Korea
- Last Date To Apply: 5th August 2022
- Return airfare for a trip to the Korean Republic’s Jeju Province.
- For the duration of the visit to Jeju, meals and other costs are covered.
- From October 13–15, 2022, access to the IUCN Leaders Forum in Jeju Province, Republic of Korea.
- Jeju hotel accommodations from October 12 to October 16, 2022.
- Participants in this Program may be of any nationality.
- Between the ages of 18 and 35.
- Should be working on creative projects that result in advancements.
- The initiatives ought to encourage collaboration, inclusivity, and equity.
- The initiatives ought to take a human rights perspective.
- Possess strong leadership abilities and a firm grasp of the fields of biodiversity, climate change, conservation of nature, and sustainable development.
- Innovative and ardently interested in the aforementioned subjects.
Last Date To Apply:
The application deadline for the IUCN Fully Funded Leadership Forum in South Korea is August 5, 2022.
How To Apply:
Students must all apply online. Applications must be submitted by the deadline. You should be happy to learn that all applications must be submitted online. Carefully fill out your application, then submit it. Answer all of the questions truthfully on the application form. To be directed to the official website, click here. You can Click Here to get all the information about the program, including online applications, the application process, and other details.
The IUCN Leaders Forum in South Korea provided an opportunity for IUCN members to discuss the most pressing conservation issues facing the country. Furthermore, some of the key issues discussed include illegal wildlife trade, habitat loss, and climate change. The IUCN leaders pledged to continue working together to find solutions to these pressing problems. Moreover, the IUCN Leaders Forum held in Jeju Island, South Korea, was a resounding success. Leaders from all over the world gathered to discuss the most pressing environmental issues of our time. The participants left with a renewed sense of hope and a shared commitment to protect our planet.