The Humboldt Research Fellowship in Germany is a program that supports international researchers who want to come to Germany to conduct research and work on their projects in their field of interest. Furthermore, the program’s purpose is to promote internationalization in research.
The fellowship provides researchers with the opportunity to work at a German research institution of their choice for a period of up to one year. The fellowship consists of a month-to-month stipend and a journey allowance. The Humboldt Research Fellowship in Germany is a highly competitive program that aims to attract top international researchers to Germany.
The program provides fellows with the opportunity to carry out research projects of their own choice in cooperation with academic hosts of their choice in Germany. It is joint work by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) and the participating host institutions. It is open to all disciplines and is particularly for candidates who are working on cutting-edge research projects in their field.
- Country: Germany
- Time Period: 6 – 24 Months
- Financial Status: Fully Funded
- Last Date To Apply: None
- There will be support from liability and health insurance.
- In the event that no third party is willing to cover the fees, a lump sum amount is for the applicant to cover the travel expenses.
- An intensive language course is for the applicant through a language fellowship.
- Also eligible for language grants are accompanying spouses.
- There will be a monthly fellowship allowance of 2500 EUR.
- For accompanying family members who are staying for at least three months, stipends are awarded.
- For escorting children under the age of 18, single parents will receive a flat-rate payment.
- Additionally, a Europe stipend is for a research stay at a research facility in another European nation.
- The hosts in Germany will receive a stipend for research expenses of 800 EUR per month for work in the natural sciences and engineering and 500 EUR for work in the humanities and social sciences.
- For participation in important conferences, research tours, library stays, etc.—both in Germany and abroad—a lump sum mobility stipend is for the candidate.
- A candidate must have Ph.D., C.Sc., or equivalent degree no less than four years before the application deadline.
- German language proficiency is an advantage, as is having good English language skills.
- In the 18 months prior to the application deadline, eligible aspirants had to have spent at least 12 months living outside of Germany.
- Potential Aspirants with German Nationality are eligible to apply as long as they have lived and worked abroad consistently for at least five years and have done so permanently.
How To Apply:
Candidates must apply online. To submit an online application, please visit the Humboldt Research Fellowship website. Visit their official website right away.
The Humboldt Research Fellowship in Germany is a prestigious fellowship program. It enables accomplished researchers from around the world to conduct research in Germany. The program provides excellent funding and support, and Fellowships are highly sought-after by researchers. The program is extremely competitive, and Fellowships are only awarded to the most accomplished researchers.